Step to stop Facebook-ing without Deactivation or Deletion
- Make an announcement telling everyone is your friend list that you will not be active on Facebook until a period of time. Tell them where and how they can reach you. I'm sure there are a lot more means of communication, cellphone, YM, Skype, Twitter (these are less addictive)
- Let the status for a while, 2 or 3 hours will do.
- Have fun with the time remaining, but do not post any more status, you can comment, or like or anything but do not update any new status after step number 1
- This is the most challenging step, you need to find someone who you can trust to proceed. Change your email address to his/her email (make sure your friend email is not associated with any Facebook account, or else make a new one)
- After step number 5 is done, you need him/her to change your password, which means you need to log out for good from your Facebook account
- You no more granted an access to your Facebook account!!
Step number 4 is necessary in order to avoid you from clicking "Forgot Password?" link on Facebook system.
You might have this withdrawal symptoms for a moment, that it will be ok after some times.
I practically do this for my Facebook account. And I am not going to log in until May 2011, which is after the IB exam :)
I have this other means of communication:
- Yahoo Messenger : seed_dead
- Skype : azmirfakkri
- Twitter : azmirseedfakkri
- Blog : there is a shoutbox there,feel free to drop a line
- Formspring : AzmirSeedFakkri
- Cellphone : this is private =.='